Customer satisfaction should be the benchmark for quality. And customer engagement is often the key to achieving it. So, let’s discover seven ways to boost customers engagement and drive loyalty. Let’s get rolling!
1. Leverage customer feedback
Engaging with customers through their reviews is an effective strategy, particularly in the eCommerce sector where user-generated content holds significant value. A good place to start is setting up a Google Business profile or a social media business account. Once you’ve garnered enough followers, you can encourage customers to leave reviews or create social media content in exchange for special offers, discounts, or coupons.
In Flame Analytics we would like to share our clients reviews in G2 software reviews platform. If you want to leave any comments about your experience with our team, feel free to leave it there!
2. Create a personalized consumer experience
According to the 2017 Epsilon survey, eight-in-ten shoppers are more likely to complete a purchase when a brand personalizes their buying experience.
The term “personalized consumer experience” pertains to any form of interaction, item, or service that is specially created to cater to an individual’s unique preferences and needs. There are several practical ways to achieve this, including but not limited to:
- Addressing a customer with their real name in an email or live chat message
- Sending reminder emails to potential customers who haven’t cleared their carts or visited the site recently
- Providing personalized discount codes
- Displaying “welcome back” greetings on the website’s homepage
- Giving “thank you” deals and offers to loyal customers
- Remembering the fashion preferences of the customer
- Recommending complimentary items or services
3. Improve your SERP ranking using SEO
If you appear at the top of search engine results pages (SERP), it is easier for potential clients to find your business. If you don’t rank high presently, search engine optimization (SEO) can help improve your ranking. Here are its three main components:
It is the process of ensuring optimal ranking of whatever content you post on your website. The best on-page SEO strategies to improve SERP rankings include:
- Researching targeted keywords
- Understanding search intent
- Optimizing meta descriptions and titles
- Optimizing media and images
- Updating content over time
It covers anything that takes place outside of your website. This could involve:
- Acquiring backlinks
- Improving domain rating
- Getting other sites to feature your content
This type of SEO deals with the back-end side of your website and includes:
- Fixing broken links
- Increasing page speed
- Correcting indexing errors
- Optimizing for mobile accessibility
4. Invest in Artificial Intelligence (AI) to Boost Customers Engagement
What do you do if a client reaches out outside of business hours to report a payment issue? Hiring a resource to take care of such queries can be expensive. This is when a chatbot comes in particularly handy.
AI-powered bots can:
- Recognize patterns in customer data
- Assign customer inquiries according to their priority levels
- Respond to frequently-asked questions
By using a chatbot for customer service, you not only relieve your staff of some work but also speed up resolution time, which is important to many customers.
5. Automate your sales cycle management
For example, Dreivers found it difficult to set aside time to make lead-nurturing phone calls. Their team spent most of their workday on manual tasks in the sales process. Thankfully, when they switched to contract automation software, they could reduce their man-hours spent on manual tasks by 30%. This is what their sales workflow looks like now:
When someone contacts Dreivers through their website to sell their car, their CRM system (Pipedrive) automatically creates a deal and sends a welcome email to the seller. Then the deal moves through different stages, each with an automation or drag-and-drop action. When the seller provides car information and a fair price, this action updates the deal stage and auto-generates a power of attorney for the seller to e-sign. The electronic signature triggers the auto-generation of two new contracts for tests and mortgages. The subsequent sign-off marks the deal as done in their CRM and executes ownership changes.
6. Boost Customers Engagement by refining your social media strategy
You can use keywords to drive organic traffic or pay for ads to share valuable content about your brand, products, and services. Social media platforms also allow customers to interact with brands directly. Hence, it’s important to fine-tune your message to meet their unique needs.
Other benefits of social media include:
- Increased reach for marketing and brand awareness
- Improved visibility and credibility
- User-generated content that serves as social proof
7. Harness the power of omnichannel commerce
Social media marketing, in-store polling, and online customer support are just a few of the ways businesses interact with customers today. With too many channels, it’s not easy to maintain consistent customer engagement.
Studies have shown that businesses that provide an omnichannel customer experience have a retention rate of 89%, compared to 33% for those that don’t. A best practice is to invest in an integrated omnichannel commerce platform to deliver a unified, seamless customer experience across different touch points.
Boost Customers Engagement in your store
Given the current inflationary market environment and economic slowdown, retailers can no longer rely solely on product quality to attract customers. Using the strategies suggested in this article, you can engage your shoppers, reduce customer support costs, and attract new customers, ultimately driving growth in your business.
Author bio: Qurat-ul-Ain Ghazali, aka Annie, is the growth manager at Contractbook and looks after all the organic channels. She has been with tech startups and scaleups for a couple of years with a B2B focus. You can find her socializing, traveling, indulging in extreme sports, and enjoying the local desserts when she is not working.